Tuesday, June 5, 2012

COMBUSTING WALLETS

Dear Internets,

Have you ever hoped that your carefully selected wallet, both stylish and with enough card space, would just spontaneously combust on the spot? Yeah I don't think it's your standard run of the mill thought, but none the less, the first thing that popped into my head when I walked past the kitty came home table at Finder's Keepers market in Sydney. Kitty came home was conceived by Katrina Weber 8 years ago in Adelaide with the creation of 'the vintage fabric button clutch'. Since the the collection has grown to include the super clutch, men's wallet holders, passport holders, journals, diaries and the cutest little knit pins. Believe me the photos do not them any justice.
At the markets I spotted what I think might be my favourite and possibly their newest creation: the slimline purse. Complete with beautifully stitched recycled PVC exteriors that expose the the fun prints and colour of the vintage fabric that lies beneath it. I have to admit it's the aesthetics that won me over but the sustainability is what makes is a keeper. Too bad I couldn't spot it on their Etsy page. If you want to keep up with kitty, why not try the blog.


 ♥ pixelhazard
status update: old wallet still in tact

7 comments:

trishie said...

LOVE the wallets! so pretty

contacto@2piezas.com said...

Preciosos y originales,me encantan.besos.

Mary said...

Haha I don't think I've ever wanted my wallet to combust before, but ooh that second wallet is divine! Thanks for the link to kitty came home - I'll definitely be checking out the etsy shop xx

Adam said...

they look pretty neat

Estilo Hedónico said...

Hi,,
the clutches look great!!
Love the idea!!

http://estilohedonico.blogspot.pt/

Xoxo

Blaise said...

Soooo cute!!! love the second one :)

http://blaiseruby.blogspot.co.uk/

x

Laureen Gazio said...

I really like the first one !