Friday, June 15, 2012

FLAG IT

Dear Internets,

Ever since flags were created, people have been draping themselves in them for national pride, for protection and on occasion for fashion. Our flag gets vigilantly trotted out, covered in diamontes and glitter every Australia day and I'm loathed to see it each time. Something about seeing men and women squeeze into ill fitted quickly made cheap clothing gives me the irks. I guess that's less about the flag and more about the clothing. After all flags can bring out the best and worst in people

[ USA jumper - similar here | light denim shorts - similar here | Jada studded boots -  Shu Bar | Black leather bag - DIY ]

A foreign invasion without the negative associations; seas of red white and blue fabric, have been cut to form bodycon dresses, shorts, and more recently jumpers. Never before have I seen American and British flags become such a symbol of well thought out style. It's definitely a trend I was quick to adopt. Super power vibes of preppy wonder woman tingle at the touch of these lovelies.


So tell me, are you jumping aboard this flagpole or do you prefer your stripes and stars without the national back up?

 ♥ pixelhazard
crushing on Hugh Jackman in 'Australia'

30 comments:

bleufountain said...

Nice look with print on the top :)

Juneli said...

That is one cool sweater!

Jacquii Lie said...

YOU lady are way too cool for school, love that knit! What a find.

xx
Couture Caddy

Adam said...

cool usa sweater

Mik said...

LOL This was a funny post. I wont be jumping up any flag posts anytime soon... you look cute

xx
meinmode.blogspot.de

Just_Ur_Type said...

You are amazing!!!
Hoping for following back!
xo
Stacy.

http://tastyrumors.blogspot.com/

nancy @ adore to adorn said...

lovely! I love your jumper!!

xo,
nancy

Roberta said...

Thank you for your comment!
Love your blog!
Follow each other at Bloglovin and Google Friend?
http://robertascoolestplaces.blogspot.com.es

Mary said...

Seeing people step out in Australian flag-print clothing does make me cringe a bit, because then I wonder if they're racist...I just think that there are other ways to show off your national pride you know? :)

On the other hand, the way people have been wearing the US/UK flags have been pretty great. They make an awesome print! xx

Heather said...

Love your sweater and your bag!

http://fashionistanygirl.blogspot.com/

StephieB said...

I love that jumper. It's very cool. I don't have a problem with other countries' flags. I love a bit of Union Jack action!

I am not so keen though on seeing our Australian flag "out and about". I feel that it has racist connotations now which makes me feel very sad. Not sure how to fix this though?!

Stephie x

Steven Brown said...

I am so happy right now :D. I am following. I hope you can check out my site: http://theproverbs.net and FOLLOW. Hope to hear from you soon. Thanks and God Bless!

Francesca Romana Capizzi said...

You are wearing stars and stripes too!!
I love that sweater!

Don't Call Me Fashion Blogger
Bloglovin'
Facebook

Every Day Rachel said...

Love the jumper!

http://everydayrachel21.blogspot.com/

contacto@2piezas.com said...

Wao!!me encanta el look,los botines me fascinan y el bolso precioso.un diez.besos.

Jenesuispas Milano said...

amazing pics

Jacquii Lie said...

ps. Totally following you on all accounts.....how was I never doing this before....apologies love!

xx
Couture Caddy

Sootjeelina said...

Gorgeous sweater!

xoxo Sootjeelina

esteephs said...

Lovely jumps <3

Anonymous said...

The outfit is awesome!

inelegancewetrust.blogspot.com

SomeKindOfStyle said...

very cool .. love the all american look! xo

Amanda said...

Loved to be flaged! Great look! And Im really digging your style!

Elise said...

Loving the jumper, especially with the awesome hat! :)

jbst-wanderlust said...

Love the sweater! It looks so good on you

Admirably Pretty said...

Gorgeous sweater! Well combined!

Xo, Imke

Vic said...

Awesome blog! :) I really love this outfit! Thanks for checking my blog out and commenting on it! :)

http://theeliteblogger.blogspot.com/

Social Emissions said...

Killing it in this outfit!

SOCIAL EMISSIONS

Whatwouldkarldo.com said...

totally in love with this!!! hellloooo jumper!!

http://whatwouldkarldo.com

Maryam Maquillage said...

awesome blog, love your style!!

Nini said...

your foxtail is so cute