Saturday, July 14, 2012

BIZARRO

Dear Internets,


Often when I'm looking for something specific in my wardrobe, it disappears on me. Only when I search for something completely different, does it suddenly show itself. Perhaps this is more of a reflection of the calamity that is my organisational skills but I'd like to think of it more as a metaphor. Every now and then, as I roam around waiting to attend one event or the other, I stumble upon some new and exciting thing that has popped up, no sooner disappearing as though it never existed.


Often my friends suggest it was all a figment of my imaginations. Perhaps I should really ask myself why I have friends who take crazies like me as friends (think about it). At least this once, I'm on the front foot, giving serendipity a break. With poster proof, I have decided to check out Bizarre Bazaar; a showcase of 25 emerging designers is sydney. What's more exciting is that the organisers 'A series of fortunate events' (cute name,no?) has decided to add a bloggers choice department, where bloggers elect their top pics and give you an idea of the events. Simply think of me as the unofficial biographer for the upcoming event, giving you the lo-down with a VIP pass I drew in crayon.



I for one am excited to see the up and comers present their wares. You can always feel the painstaking design decisions made and enthusiastic hope in each thread, each colour choice, texture and cool formed piece of metal that is on display. So much careful effort and time should always be on display and worn.


With a boasting of newcomers like Faddoul, Laurel & Hector Vintage, RedSky at Night, cinnamonsister, MagicalWonderland and Achea-Mpong by Mutesi I cannot help but buzz on the enthusiasm of the night. Angel place will be lit up with camera flashes, many of them belonging to bloggers, fashionistas in the know and hopefully some who like me have just stumbled fortunately. C'mon and be one of them. you know you want to


♥ pixelhazard
bewitched by image symmetry

9 comments:

Fabliha said...

these photos are so pretty! I am loving that bustier!
xxx
INSIDE IN, INSIDE OUT 

Hello Naka said...

i love the photos, the gothy rebellious look ^_^ i love stumbling over something amazing just by chance it makes it even better :p

Karolina Weronika said...

love this photos.

Sarah CHIC NEVERLAND said...

wow these pics are so inspiring!!
kisses

www.chicneverland.com

Laureen Gazio said...

Great pictures, first one is my favourite

yiqin; said...

babe i just emailed you <3

Izumi Bogen said...

man this event sounds amazzzing!


xx,
Izumi
HYBRID HUNTER
I'm holding a giveaway to win double $20 vouchers to This is Transition, click here to get the info!

Dark Blue Stripes said...

Cool shots. I love Faddoul.

Christie x

Dark Blue Stripes

Jacquii Lie said...

I'll have to pop my Bizarre Bazaar cherry soon!

xx
http://img21.imageshack.us/img21/830/img1582bm.jpg