Wednesday, August 15, 2012

WILDCHILD

Dear Internets,


Unlike matter, lookbooks are often created and destroyed. With so many labels making lookbooks at such high frequency - for each season, each month, and at the drop of a hat, it so it shouldn't surprise you to hear that many that land in my e-mail and painfully dull.


Plain beige backdrops, poor posture poses and glazed over scowling expressions could not stir my imagination even when the clothing was delightfully imaginative. Often the clothing was interesting enough for further investigation but somewhere along the line it just felt as though laurels were being rested upon. I am absolutely loving minimal style clothing right now so my opinions aren't even crowded by that bias.


Nasty Gal's August Wild Child look-book was different. Aside from the fact that the silver maxi skirt is simply mesmerising particularly coupled with that 'vogue' snap back, The photography seems to both literally and figuratively have a pulse.


I can image getting excited over seeing the old diner and dessert scenes in person and boy are they taken advantage off. The use of light to maximise texture is beautiful and I would probably say yet to every item showcased. If that doesn't spell W-I-N, I certainly don't know what does.




 ♥ pixelhazard
run away with me in the night

6 comments:

Mona-Lena said...

I love these gifs!

I'm Sydney. said...

LOVE this style!

Jacquii Lie said...

I LOVE the moving gifs lady!! Its so trippy....I also feel like this style Wild Child style is soooo you!

Couture Caddy x

steph said...

i thought this lookbook was really amazing too; so is the one shot by terry richardson!

GG said...

These pictures are beautiful, specially the last one, I don´t know why but I really like it. and the gifs are awesome!!!

XxxLoveIsBeautyxxX said...

great looks! followed you, hope you can follow back! http://xxxloveisbeautyxxx.blogspot.ie/