Friday, September 14, 2012

RISING STAR

Dear Internets,


Occasionally you see one brand that becomes your best thing since sliced bread.It is very rare for that to happen on multiple occasions and with multiple brands, but since it has happen to me,I've decided sharing is better than caring. What you are about to feel is courtesy of the gorgeous PR Dept.


I hope you are ready for the lust that is about to ensue from your shopping loins as we have a fashion chicken pox party right here. Note you have hereby been forewarned.


Please meet Mettle Fair trade-a striking jewellery and accessories brand with a conscience. Their materials of choice, as the name would suggest, is recycled metal and perfectly on trend leucite. After wearing one of the pieces at Vogue's FNO, I cannot tell you how much of a head turner and conversation starter it was. I'm shooting outfit pics today so you'll hear more about them soon.





Welcome Kirsty Irwin, formerly known as Laksmono. The beautiful fabrics she uses truly shine through the minimalist design, an aesthetic I've really pushed my boundaries to embrace. I love the clean lines and gorgeous colours that really don't require much more than a little accessorising.


Next up is Elixir the label. After uploading a pic on my instagram feed, who knew I would have such a rapid response to their beautifully tribal yet current neon rope designs topped with crystal quartz, leather bound and glorious. If you're more of a metals and feathers kind of girl, that's ok too but personally, I'd be rocking the headdress like it's nobody's business!'




Soot. def. The fine black particles, chiefly composed of carbon, produced by incomplete combustion of coal, oil, wood, or other fuels.I'm afraid you've not won the million dollars today. Soot is a gorgeous clothing label that takes full advantage of the fabric canvas. I'm completely in love with the exclusive print they work with and can see all summer spent in their light floaty pants or this super cute pale green gingham combo. Like ice cream on a summers day, it is all win. With a laid back and slightly swim feel the cute cropped top and blue shorts are also a favourite.





Love Obsessed ; an accurate description of my state of mind right now but then "fashion obsessed" would also do quite nicely. This jewelry line that marries vintage to new trends has got a mention before but who am I to refuse you another look? I'm usually a neon and high contrast girl but there was just something about the colour combinations of the pastel pieces that I preferred. Statement necklaces, earring & bracelets, you can't go astray.



Last but certainly not least is Batson. I think their white leather A line dress was my pick of the day with me just listlessly staring at it for far to love. The texture, weight, simplicity all screamed luxury to me and for those days where I'm not feeling so simple, the original inspired prints developed from photos taken by the designer would allow me to wear my complexities.



A huge thanks again to theprdept who turned a blind eye to my listless fawning. Never have I met someone so enthusiastic but then, from this epic photo post, you can certainly see why.


 ♥ pixelhazard
has doubled her shopping wishlist

8 comments:

Sin12012 said...

So COOL ! I love this post !

(F/M Giveaway on my blog)

xo ,
Ana Catalarrana
http://Sinbowtie.blogspot.com

JEAN-PIERRE said...

The love the jewelry.

Caitie Schlisserman said...

some awesome pieces for sure. I especially love the jewelry - very unique!

xxx
www.ladyalamode.com

moiminnie said...

Thanks for commenting! The jewelry is so amazing, I wish I had some pieces! www.moiminnie.blogspot.com xx

ViLan Aram said...

Wow, I must say I share your enthusiasm for Mettle Fair Trade, the jewelry is so cool and original... sort of shares a similar aesthetic to Giles and Brother, which I love too. Thanks for sharing this brand, I'll have to scoop up an item or two :)

I'm following you, hope you stop by my blog and follow back!


xo

adoreandleer.blogspot.com

Ningtyas Putri Octavana said...

Nice post!
hey
how about if we follow each others?

http://itingscurly.blogspot.com

t said...

That metal jewelry is fantastic!

http://initialed.blogspot.com

Mitha Komala said...

love those stunning apparels! <3



Letters To Juliet