Tuesday, November 27, 2012

FASHION INTERVENTION

Dear Internets,


One day in high school, my friend dragged me to the shops and demanded I purchase a basic singlet in any color I liked. I was about 14 which meant everything in my wardrobe was pretty basic so what had made her snap? Upon further investigation, it seemed that she had just about had enough of the lack of color in my wardrobe.

[Boots - Shubar from Hype DC ]

Living by a sea side town I don't think she was accustomed to the constant barrage of dark blue denim, black, maroons and navy that occupied my wardrobe. A rather classic and chic color palette but one my peers did not appreciate.

[Necklace - Diva | Velvet Dress - Stolen from Sarahteaa | Leather jacket - This is Veda ]

One aqua colored singlet later and it was looking like I was hooked but black and basic is a resilient and virtuous little thing. It lurked and waited to win me over again and now while the switch was not as radical as the first time around, a balance is developing. No-one wants to look like they're constantly attending a funeral and 'circus' is not an every day aesthetic. Patient black, you're back.



On another note, we've been interviewed by Posse. For those of you that don't know Posse.com is a great place to locate and share your favorite places, from bars and cafes to shopping destinations. On the flip side if you are a little lost and don't know where to go, just type in a location and what you are looking for and it will come up with places people have listed with reviews. Pretty nifty especially if you've just moved and like a game, I'm a little addicted after being drawn in by the cute graphics. If you don't have a street yet, have a look at mine to get a better idea.


♥ pixelhazard
is getting it done!

6 comments:

Melanie Alexandra said...

So good. Great sunnies, too! I say there's no such thing as wearing too much black. I've been a little more into color lately, but a monochromatic wardrobe lies behind all my colorful statement pieces.

Melanie
thosethingstheysaid.com

Adam said...

nice glasses

Floortje van Cooten said...

Really cool outfit, love your necklace!
Your blog is amazing dear, keep it up!

XO

Lysa said...

AWESOME glasses!!



Lysa

Caitie Schlisserman said...

love those sunnies!

xxx
www.ladyalamode.com

Style -Drum is Jackie said...

I love this!

style-drum.blogspot.com