Monday, November 12, 2012

NEW BLACK

Dear Internets,


Amidst the jungle of exotic sequins in my wardrobe a simple basic item of clothing has become very rare. I have spent so much time procuring unique and outstanding items, I no longer have a go-to basic look apart from the jeans that lay folded in my bottom drawer. Often underestimated, staple pieces are traded up for transient trends but there's a reason people say black is the new black. The perfect leather skirt has officially earned its place beside the little back dress, the trench and a white silk shirt but it has been quite difficult for me to find.

Unfortunately it's easier said than done & I will not fork out hundreds of dollars for anything but perfection. 26 year old Micha Dyball had the same problem, but unlike me, she started designing pieces herself. Eska Alikai is clean lines with a Scandinavian fee and are a perfect staple solution for my dramatic wardrobe problems. While stockists are currently limited, if you live in NSW, you can get a taste at Splice Boutique in Freshwater and Newport. For everyone else, keep your eyes peels and I'll keep you posted!














Before you go, make sure you check out the Bright Green Laces interview thats now live on La petite mademoiselle blog.


♥ pixelhazard
loves white but white doesn't love her

5 comments:

Caro * said...

Great post !! :)

Adam said...

very nice

kim bim said...

omg!!! love the leather skirt.
http://rock4less.blogspot.co.uk/
you look so sweet.

Melanie Alexandra said...

Ooh, I've been on the hunt for the perfect leather skirt as well. These are such well-tailored pieces. I'm really digging the hemline.

Melanie
thosethingstheysaid.com

Amy said...

gorgeous, when I cant find something to wear, I always turn to black!
http://coffeebeansandbobbypins.blogspot.com/