Thursday, December 13, 2012

RUMOUR HAS IT

Dear Internets,


Bless your soul, you got your head in the clouds..you made my heart melt...

Possibly one of the craziest launch parties I have been to, The Rumour Mill and all the brands they house certainly has melted my heart. From the mechanical bull to the manicures, from the hair chalking to the potted succulent parting gifts it was all party. With fun brands like Mink Pink, Evil Twin, Some Days Lovin, Paint it Red, Staple the Label, Hunt No More, The Lost Girls, Quirky Circus and shopping destination Market HQ, shopping lust was soon to ensue.

[Montana wearing Florist city peplum blazer & Florist city cigarette pant both by Staple ] 

I was greeted at the door by a vivacious Montana dressed head to toe in Staple's florist city prints. I'd not really looked into Staple before and my impression of the clothes on display was a that it's was a little older and more chic that some of the other brands in the room. The diversity of the line allowed for monochrones, clean lines and simplicity to dance with trends and structure. Possibly because I'd done that thing where I'd stared at Montana's clothes for too long and she wanted me to move on, she'd given me free reign to browse through all the clothing they had in their massive show room and with a delicious skinny girl cocktail in hand no less.

[Skinny Girl cocktail ladies defying gravity]

Amongst the throng of excited people and hangar-ed clothes I found a few favorites like this awesome Some Days Lovin zebra print bomber which is excellently loud but perfect for pairing with boring jeans and a tank. Some Days Lovin is a brand I've not bought into much but am growing to like more and more as the days go by and they slowly leave lovely new images and beautifully printed dresses. The label seems to have found siblings in Mink Pink and Evil Twin which I happen to have stocked up in my wardrobe so I guess it's no real surprise that I'm a fan.


The day had also brought to me Paint it Red and The lost girl. The former is built for partying and the latter for settling down. While Paint it Red a vibrant party brand as the name should suggest: cute skirts, bodycons and sequin, this is not somewhere to go for your Sunday best. Perhaps your Friday and Saturday night best and any other night of the week you can be found dancing on table tops. heck yeah! When those partying days are at a temporary stand still and we're dressing kids (scary thought I know), at least they can look adorable and give those celeb children a run for their money in The lost girls, complete with little tweed suit. So damn cute!






While my mind was completely over run by all the crazy fun and lust worthy clothing, I must warn: A wandering stroll with a picnic basket is only recommend if you plan on filling that basket with clothing. The sheer vastness of options guarantees purchase which is the best when you are just in the mood to shop...but who are we kidding, we're always in the mood to shop!

 ♥ pixelhazard
wants to thank Montana & 
Vanessa for the invite & tour xx

5 comments:

Caitie Schlisserman said...

love that jacket! what a fun print!

xxx
Giveaway on Lady à la Mode

Kells said...

This is awesome! I so jelly! The photos and the clothes are so cool! You must have had an amazing time!

http://kelformity.blogspot.com/

Agnieszka (Aga) Guerrero Olesinska said...

Love your pants! Amzing
Kisses
Aga

Check my new post
www.agasuitcase.com

Jacquii Lie said...

I was so obsessed with those Staple pants...I now own them! haha.

Couture Caddy x

Caro * said...

Awesome clothes !! Lovely outfit :)