Saturday, December 15, 2012

SPORTSGIRL STORYTIME

Dear Internets,

Sportsgirl has been asking bloggers to tell them a story, here's mine:



Tell us a story about yourself. A story huh? Well I'm Australian, born overseas with Indian heritage but I can count on one hand the number of people who have guessed that. I love shopping as you can probably tell but a trip is seldom without someone assuming I'm too young to purchase things on my own, or asking me which country I'm from followed by "are you sure?". I think all this being stopped by inquisitive minds to ask where I got my clothes from, where I was from, and why I thought to put those pant with that top, is a large part of why I started Bright Green Laces.

Tell us your favorite fashion memory. When I was a kid, mum used to wake up up to get dressed for school. Instead, to my mother's dismay, I would get up, slink to mum and dad's bed and crash out to the sight of mum picking out her clothes and putting on her earrings. The smell of face cream and make up still reminds me of this time. Soon enough, I'd get woken up again to get into my uniform but every so often mum would be distracted enough for me to pretend I was putting on pretty clothes and getting dressed for a fabulous day of adventure.

Tell us your earliest or most favorite memory of Sportsgirl. That's easy, they were a maroon pair of skinny cords. I was in high school and never had much money to spend but when I put them on I felt super hawt. At 15 that's a major deal so after some pleading they came home with me. Every time I wore them, boys would notice. It gave me such a buzz and a little dose of much needed "awkward teen years" self esteem. I was so sad when they ripped but man did I get wear out of them. Worth every penny.

Tell us what’s on your Christmas wishlist this year. I'm such a greedy girl and so easy to buy for. There are a lot of things on my wishlist though my wardrobe can't handle it! My current designer crush is Jaime Lee Major so when I found out she was doing ready to wear with Sportsgirl, that was a no brainer. I'm also lusting after a pair of cut out boots after falling in love with them recently. A girl never says no to a good black bag and whats an Aussie summer without some denim, shorts and summer tops! Here are a few of my picks:


Tell us which 3 bloggers you’d like to tag to answer the same questions on their blog!
I'd like to see what our upcoming guest bloggers would have to say-
Natalie from Lucy & The runaways : her taste is such a unusual mix of dainty and sweet with daring and crazy rebel.
Nora from Nora Finds: Nora wears vintage on a daily basis that would make the costume director of Pleasantville jealous. Elegance beyond my ability.
Maggie from La Petite Mademoiselle: Maggie too has a bit of a mish mash of fashion alter egos. Let the battle between demure and rock'n'roll begin!

♥ pixelhazard
need to pack!

5 comments:

Jacquii Lie said...

THAT vest is my everything, when I saw it in store I died. Great selection hun, I pick NAT! :)

Couture Caddy x

Style -Drum is Jackie said...

Very cool!

style-drum.blogspot.com

Tea said...

I love your Sportsgirl memory - so cute. It's so painful when a favourite piece has completed it's life!


the ladida

Caro * said...

Great post !! :)

Nathalie Kartika Putri said...

Lovely story , girl!

natzcracker